Studentcentral had a minor upgrade recently giving some new features for the 2017/18 academic year. These are the headline changes:
- Drag and drop files – when uploading files (e.g. docs, slides), you can drag an drop them to save having to navigate through your file directory
- Submission receipts for studentcentral assignments – when students submit assignments using the Blackboard assignment tool (different to Turnitin), they now receive digital receipts of proof of submission
- Photo class lists for your modules – The eLearning Team have built a new tool that shows the students’ photos (as on the Student Record System). It can only be seen by staff.
- Mobile Apps – there are two new mobile apps that replace the former Blackboard Mobile Learn app:
- Blackboard App (iOS Android) – for students to browse content, check grades, view announcements, and participate in discussion boards
- Blackboard Instructor (iOS Android) – for staff to browse content, check grades, send announcements, and participate in discussion boards. More features will be coming soon apparently.
Full details are given in this post by the University of Brighton eLearning team: