Uni:School BAME Mentoring Programme: where students of colour volunteer to mentor a local secondary school pupil of colour.
UoB student of colour? Join the programme as a mentor. Full training is provided as part of the recruitment procedure. Group transport to the school will also be offered.
Before getting in touch, please ensure that you:
- Can commit to attending ONE of the obligatory training sessions: Monday 17 February from 5pm – 7pm OR Wednesday 19 February from 5pm – 7pm
- Can commit to ALL the mentoring session dates and times: 26 February and 4, 11, 18 & 25 March and 1 April 2020, 1 – 4pm
- Have a DBS check dated within 3 years (if you don’t have a DBS check you will not have time to get a DBS Check in time for this programme)
- Have recent experience of being in school within 5-7 years
If you would like to mentor a local secondary school pupil of colour, please contact Beth Thomas-Hancock on email@example.com, including the following information:
- Your full name
- Degree course
- Year of study
- Your mobile/contact telephone number
- How you would describe your ethnicity
- Confirmaiton that you have a current DBS check and have access to the paperwork