Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF results 2017 Excellent that we achieved a Silver award as a University. The next stages will be
Subject level TEF BBS has completed a mock exercise to inform the actual submisssion.
The government has stated that the TEF will aim to:
- ensure all students receive an excellent teaching experience that encourages original thinking, drives up engagement and prepares them for the world of work
- build a culture where teaching has equal status with research, with great teachers enjoying the same professional recognition and opportunities for career and pay progression as great researchers
- provide students with the information they need to judge teaching quality
- recognise institutions that do the most to welcome students from a range of backgrounds and support their retention and progression
- include a clear set of outcome-focused criteria and metrics
The metrics come from the retention data, National Student Survey (NSS) outcomes and employability data plus a Statement.