The third annual Learning and Teaching & Professional Staff Awards are open for nomination from the 5th November.
The Business School has a proud record of recognising and rewarding its teaching and professional support staff. This year we will be presenting a total of eight £250 awards: four for Learning and Teaching and four for Professional Support.
New for 2018/19: one of the Learning and Teaching Awards has been co-sponsored by the BBS student Law Society, so if you want nominate a Law lecturer please use the separate form.
The process of entry is by anonymous nomination on-line. Please scroll down to the page to view all entry forms.
Nominations can be made by students or staff colleagues.
Learning & Teaching Awards
The nominations for Learning & Teaching Awards will be judged against each of the following criteria
- Displays an active interest in and development of approaches to teaching that influence, motivate and inspire students to learn
- Demonstrates commitment to and support for the development of students as individuals
- Uses effective communication skills that engage students in the learning experiences
Professional Support Staff Awards
The nominations for Professional Support Staff Awards will be judged against each of the following criteria
- Provides high quality work which either directly or indirectly supports staff, research and/or students
- Provides high quality advice, guidance and support which enhances the student and staff experience
- Regularly goes above and beyond their duties at an exceptionally high level which reflects the school and the university values of excellence
|Nominations of all awards open||Monday 5th November 2018
|Nominations close||Friday 19th January 2019
|The BBS student Law Society award will be presented at the Law Society Ball 26th January and we will recongise all our award winners at the Learning and Teaching conference on 5th July 2019|