Following the CDI changes have been made to DB319 Placement Project and the supervision.
- Enable students to organise and conduct an agreed project in an organisational context.
- Develop competencies in the use of appropriate analytical frameworks for critical analysis and problem solving in an organisational setting.
- Encourage students to reflect on their placement role and experiences and on how these have contributed to their personal development, shaped their thinking about future careers and enhanced their employment prospects.
LO1: Identify a specific business project and frame an appropriate aim and set of objectives.
LO2: Review and summarise an appropriate, focused range of published data (e.g. academic literature, company, trade and government publications).
LO3: Propose a valid/feasible project design demonstrating a critical understanding of primary research techniques and research ethics.
LO4: Analyse results and draw valid conclusions.
LO5: Propose appropriate recommendations to the company or propose further investigation.
LO6: Analyse and discuss personal strengths and weaknesses in relation to core competencies required by graduate employers (CMI award).
First Placement Conference – 9th November 2018
Proposal Formative Submission (please note this will be to be agreed/signed off by you as the supervisor before the student can progress to complete the project) – 21st Jan 2019
Second Placement Conference (to include formative project presentation) – 3rd May 2019
Project Submission – 28th October 2019 word count now 5000
Based on a great notes from Linda Health here are a few powerpoint slides “Set Expectations Early” About the supervison process.
More information is available in the placement handbook
- Business Management + withs have an opportunity to register to recive Chartered Management Institute CMI Level 5 diploma in Leadership and Management which would enable them to add MCMI after their name on graduation (at an agreed fee)
- If they do not complete the project will not be able to register for this award
- The reflective element LO6 is completed in folio and is managed by myself and the placement office all students taking DB319 are encouraged to complete this element whatever the degree stream.
- DB319P on studentcentral has a useful range of resources to support students (please let me know if you are a supervisor but DB319P does not appear as one of your modules)