Craig Sharpe is going to be coming in on Wednesday 22nd November in M218 at 4pm along with Noel Inge of ILEX to talk with students studying the CPE and 3rd Year Students studying LLB about potential opportunities after graduation:
The inside track on what law firms and clients now look for in trainee and junior lawyers
Craig Sharpe has had a career spanning 25 years working in law, partly as a lawyer and now a marketing specialist at Darlingtons Solicitors – this background gives Craig an unusual insight into the radical changes in legal practice and the challenges and pressures law firms face. The talk full of real world examples, anecdotes and humour – students will gain valuable and actionable insights
- What’s changed? Almost everything.
- Profession or service? Both but where’s the balance?
- Clients have changed – a lot.
- Technology and law
- 70% of you won’t end up working at magic circle law firms
- Marketing is now essential for all lawyers and law firms.
- The funnel
- Egos, actors and legal personas.
- The Importance of adaptability and team skills.
- Practical takeaways.
This session will better prepare you for a legal career and may help you decide whether you now want to be a lawyer and what type of firm or area of law you may want to work in.