School of Business and Law

Inspiring journeys to work

What happens if you get a 2:2?

What happens if you get a 2:2? According to graduate Rob Bishop, you get a lot of companies interested in you!

We’ve been catching up with our recent graduates to help new and returning students get a sense of what they can do with their degrees. Periodically we’ll be sharing the stories of graduates and how their experience at Brighton supported their career.

If you’re a Business School graduate and you’d like to share your story with our followers, please contact business@brighton.ac.uk

Rob Bishop, who studied Business Management. Rob posted his update on LinkedIn, so with his permission we’re sharing his post.

Rob's Linkedin Post

This post is a good reminder of the power of LinkedIn for connecting with people and potential employers. Rob kindly shared with us the statistics for his post, just look at how many CEO’s (and recruiters!) saw his post – this led to private messages from recruiters and companies who wanted to speak to him about opportunities.

Rob's post stats

Rob is clearly modest, telling us “It’s just nice that 150 thousand people have seen my post including 3,000 CEO’s and Company Directors. Hopefully a few of them saw my post and will perhaps make them think a bit differently about people with 2:2’s. I had a phone interview a few years ago and the interviewer basically said that by getting BBC at A-Level he thought I ‘didn’t work too hard’ when in reality, I worked my ass off for those grades.

“But yeah the post has proved very successful for me. It’s given me a lot more confidence going into my career and has set me up with a few interviews so far with 5 more phone calls to have with different companies over the next week or so.”

Feel free to follow Rob!

alumniCareersCVemploymentGraduatesUndergraduate

Clare Prust • October 23, 2017