These annual awards, organised by the university’s Centre for Learning and Teaching, celebrate outstanding contributions to student learning. Nominations were received from staff and students and reviewed by the university’s judging panel.
The awards were announced at the Learning and Teaching Conference, which featured a packed programme with nearly 40 separate presentations and keynote speeches by Professor Debra Humphris (Vice-Chancellor), Professor Stephen Denyer (Pro-Vice-Chancellor Education and the Student Experience) and Professor Mick Healey.
Rachael Carden, Senior Lecturer and Course Leader for International Business BSc(Hons)
Rachel was nominated for being incredibly engaging – credible and approachable, as well as offering a huge level of valuable feedback.
Julie Fowlie, Deputy Head of School (Teaching and Learning)
Congratulations to all our other colleagues who were recognised this year:
- Dr Matthew Adams, Principal Lecturer
- Dr Charlie Lea, Lecturer
School of Architecture and Design
- Gemma Barton, Senior Lecturer
School of Health Sciences
- Jessica Mills, Senior Lecturer
- Professor Julie Scholes, Professor of Nursing
- Helen Stanley, Principal Lecturer
School of Humanities
- Richard Jacobs, Principal Lecturer
- Dr Paul Jobling, Associate Professor
School of Pharmacy and Biomolecular Sciences
- Dr Caroline Hodges, Senior Lecturer
- Dr Bhavik Patel, Reader
- Dr Nadia Terrazzini, Senior Lecturer
- Loraine Roberts, Student Support & Guidance Tutor, Hastings campus