Top 5 tips for graduate scheme selection success
Laura Cowling, graduate in Business Management with Marketing, returned to Brighton Business School to share with current students what life is like on Hewlett Packard’s graduate scheme.
After completing a year’s work placement at Hewlett Packard (HP) as part of her degree. After graduating with a first in 2015, Laura joined their Hewlett Packard Enterprise graduate scheme.
To join HP’s scheme, candidates have to go through a selection process, as with many other organisations. Laura shared her top tips for success for graduate scheme selection processes:
- Do not give up if you get some rejections
- Volunteer or complete a summer internship to improve your CV
- Research the organisation
- Be yourself and if attending an assessment centre aim to be a good facilitator, encouraging quieter participants to contribute
- Make sure your application reflects what you have to offer an organisation