Laura Cowling, graduate in Business Management with Marketing, returned to Brighton Business School to share with current students what life is like on Hewlett Packard’s graduate scheme.
After completing a year’s work placement at Hewlett Packard (HP) as part of her degree. After graduating with a first in 2015, Laura joined their Hewlett Packard Enterprise graduate scheme.
To join HP’s scheme, candidates have to go through a selection process, as with many other organisations. Laura shared her top tips for success for graduate scheme selection processes:
- Do not give up if you get some rejections
- Volunteer or complete a summer internship to improve your CV
- Research the organisation
- Be yourself and if attending an assessment centre aim to be a good facilitator, encouraging quieter participants to contribute
- Make sure your application reflects what you have to offer an organisation