Where should I place my Social Media Icons? An evaluation into the best location for the icons: with examples from various websites | Komal Joshi’s Blog!

According to Mohan, for web pages, it is best that the social media icons are placed at the top of the page in the header region that is most clicked, viewed and used by the visitor. Essentially, it would be useless for the icons to be placed at the bottom of the webpage, when most customers would probably have given up finding the icons by then. Elucidated by the middle image in the eyetracking study (below), the dominant reading pattern on a website is in the shape of an F. The user as demonstrated by the image below, reads the whole of the beginning section, skims to the middle where it is read fully, and leaves the webpage briefly skimming the last section. The heat map sensor on the image portrays that the dark red areas indicate the most looked areas.

via Where should I place my Social Media Icons? An evaluation into the best location for the icons: with examples from various websites | Komal Joshi’s Blog!.