University of Brighton Apprenticeship Levy Transfer Scheme
As part of a Post-COVID 19 recovery stimulus package to support alumni and local small or medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), The University of Brighton is launching its Apprenticeship Levy Transfer scheme. The deadline for applications will be midday, Friday 6 November, 2020.
Levy transfer funding will cover the training fee for your apprentice. It is not funding to cover the cost of apprentice salary, substance, travel or other ineligible costs. This funding cannot be used to support apprentices training at the University of Brighton. For more information on levy transfer funding, read the Government guidance on apprenticeship levy funding transfer.
Who is the scheme open to?
To apply for levy transfer funding under this scheme, you must be one of the following:
- An alumni business or organisation
- An organisation seeking to employ a Brighton alumnus as an apprentice
- A small or medium sized employer (SME) or voluntary, community and social enterprise (VCSE) based in East Sussex, West Sussex or Brighton and Hove
Before you apply for funding from the scheme you’ll need to know:
- the name, level and duration of the apprenticeship programme you want support for
- the cost of training and assessing your apprentice
- details of the training provider you want to work with
- details of how the opportunity contributes positively to social mobility or equal opportunities
- an idea of long-term plans for your apprentice once they finish their apprenticeship
Apprenticeships may be level 2 (GCSE equivalent) to level 7 (Masters level equivalent)
|Apprenticeship level||Academic Equivalent|
|Intermediate Apprenticeship, Level 2||5 GCSE passes grade C/4|
|Advanced Apprenticeship, Level 3||2 A-levels, BTec National Diploma etc.|
|Higher Apprenticeship, Level 4/5||HNC, HND, Certificate of Higher Education|
|Higher or Degree Apprenticeship Level 6||Batchelors Degree|
|Higher or Degree Apprenticeship Level 7||Masters Degree|
As a transfer receiving employer you will be responsible for:
- setting up a digital apprenticeship service account (your chosen apprenticeship training provider can help you do this)
- meeting the requirements in the apprenticeship funding rules on GOV.UK
How do I apply?
The first call for applications to our levy transfer scheme is now open. Deadline for applications will be: 12 Noon, Monday 7 September, 2020. Applications in the current round are invited under the following categories:
- Alumni business sponsoring an apprentice on a Higher or Degree Apprenticeship (Level 4 – 7)
- Alumni business sponsoring an apprentice Level 2 – 3
- Apprentice hired / sponsored is a University of Brighton alumni undertaking an apprenticeship at any level
- Small or Medium sized employing organisation, including voluntary, community and social enterprises, based in East Sussex, West Sussex or Brighton and Hove, sponsoring an apprentice at level 2 – 3.
To apply: fill in the form and return it by email to email@example.com before the deadline Noon, Friday 6 November, 2020. We will contact you within two weeks of the closing date to let you know if your application has been successful.
- The scheme will be limited to sponsoring no more than three apprentices at any one employer at a time
- The scheme cannot be used to apply for sponsorship for an apprentice you wish to train with the University of Brighton as Training Provider
- There is a limited pot of funding so, in the event of the fund being oversubscribed, applications will be judged by a panel and prioritised for support. Consideration in making these judgements will be given to the contribution made to social mobility, links with alumni and strategic alignment with the mission and vision of the University. Unsuccessful applicants will be welcome to reapply in future rounds.
- Further application rounds will be announced as funding becomes available. The university reserves the right to expand or reduce the definition of eligibility in further rounds in order to ensure the funding can be deployed responsibly.