Research shoot

I have become more clear as to where i want the direction of my project to go with concept and story telling . I have been looking at what short films have been inspiring me to display process but i want to focus more on a concept what could help people with how they are feeling throughout the pandemic. I was struggling being in the house and with my mental health so i decided to go on a long walk which then turned into a photoshoot. I had spoken about mental health and individual journeys in my tutorial and i wanted to focus more on how to portray this. I started taking photographs of the things i could see that told a story of the people in the houses and what could make the images vibrant in a mundane block of flats. I took most the photographs on an iPhone for research as i hadn’t fully planned the shoot which upon reflection i think could have been better quality if i had used my camera. However , i feel i was able to capture what i wanted from the images and once edited i was happy with the end result. I also feel there was more meaning to them for myself i produced them when i didn’t think i would. I would liked to have spent more time on each image but it was interesting to come home and see what i had captured whilst being in the moment. This also gave me the time to reflect on my project and focus more on the outcome i wanted which will be about each persons individual journey. I am interested in looking into mindfulness and how things have changed because of the pandemic.

Larnz@home designer shoot

Although i like these images for instagram content and i feel it can show different personalities and styles of a woman , i realised this is not the direction i want to go in for the photography of my project. i want to progress into more authentic photography which shows the details of someone’s identity with glamourising it.