Placement Year

After completing my two placements at Imogen Heath and Maxmara i was starting to learn a lot about what i liked and didnt like in a professional business. I enjoyed what i learnt about research and marketing at Imogen Heath , i felt like a valuable member as the team was very small. I got to explore interior design and learn about how a small business is ran and self marketed. When i started at MaxMara they had not hired as many interns as usual so workload was doubled, how ever i enjoyed being busy and always having a new task to do. I learnt about organisation and fast paced turn around of showrooms. I was able to assist on buying meetings and learn about merchandising in the showroom and off site in stores. As i became the intern who was there the longest i was given more responsibility and feel they trusted me with task and time keeping. I was constantly working with clients, Mainly buyers of department stores and i started to gain more confidence to ask questions and give my details for any more experience i could get. This allowed me to work for the Morleys fashion show with the Marketing and Events team. I had also been offered to work with a another store and had been given another internship in a similar area of work. Unfortunately these could not go ahead but i feel i was making progress into figuring out what career would like to have. I made strong relationships with everyone i worked with throughout my placement year so this will hopefully be beneficial to me in the near future as they were all supportive of me either coming back to work for them or helping me find other jobs.

The pause of the pandemic bought a lot of issues to light for everyone. Mental health, Black lives matter and environmental causes are things i really care about and want explore more. i see myself continuing with visual promotion as i like the idea of storytelling but i am unsure how i will execute this.